WARNING : BEFORE SETTING UP OFFLINE/CONVERSION API ATTRIBUTION READ THE FOLLOWING
A) While using the HYROS conversion API for attribution is MORE accurate and USUALLY increases performance it is NOT always instant and will reset learning. SPLIT TEST and TEST performance first by only setting it as a goal or pixel for a few campaigns. AGAIN DO NOT PUSH PIXEL/TARGETING CHANGE ACCOUNT WIDE UNTIL YOU HAVE CONFIRMED BETTER RESULTS.
B) ENSURE in Google that you do not have ACCOUNT wide conversion goals on. If you do this will DOUBLE the conversions entering your account. Set your conversion goal to HYROS conversions OR specific conversion goals. IGNORING THIS CAN MESS UP AUTOMATED BIDDING RULES. DO NOT USE ACCOUNT WIDE CONVERSION GOALS IN GOOGLE AND OUR API AT THE SAME TIME.
C) We are here to help HOWEVER YOU are responsible the results of changing pixels and targeting in your account. Please make sure you know what your doing before changing your targeting and swapping pixels. Reckless changing of targeting and pixels can result in dips in performance.
D) HYROS sends in individual sales, not orders. So an order with 3 purchases will be 3 sales via our API and reflect in your Facebook/Google stats as so.
E) If you have organic sources that take attribution for the sale, they will NOT be sent to your ad manager. If you’d prefer to ignore organic sources, the best way to do this is to set them as disregard sources. You can also lengthen the disregard source timeframe if you would like to focus more on ad tracking. More information on that HERE.
AI Pixel Training is one of the coolest features we offer at HYROS. It allows you to pass our conversion tracking back to your ad platforms to train them to find customers better.
What type of data do we track?
We send back SALES data ONLY into the ad platform. It does NOT allow you to send custom conversion information such as opt-ins or number of attendees or users who reached a certain page.
The good news is we handle all the techy stuff. It is an extremely easy feature to activate. Here’s how to do it for both platforms.
Google has BY FAR much better offline conversion features that allow for much better AI training.
To use activate Google offline conversion tracking and AI training
- Go to your Google ads integrations tab HERE
- If you are integrated with Google simply flip the offline conversion tracking toggle at the top of the page:
THEN from within your Google ads dashboard
- Wait for a sale to come into HYROS
- Once it has an offline conversion named after it will be created in your Google conversions area
- Go to your campaigns that sell this product and set the conversion goal to the HYROS conversion that was just added in the conversion area.
4. Go into your account settings and ensure that the following field is on inside the Autotagging section:
That’s it! You are now AI pixel training with Google. Your ad campaigns will now optimize according to the conversion data that HYROS sends into Google.
If you wish to view the conversions being sent into your google ads account, you can do so inside your google integration settings. Just select “conversions” as shown below:
Also, please note that the conversions inside your google account will be attached to your ads, you will NOT be able to view these conversions attached to your videos for example.
Here is how to set up offline conversion tracking and AI optimization for Facebook
WARNING : IF you have not created a Pixel inside Facebook before, please make sure you accept FB’s terms and conditions by following the guide at the end of this page, otherwise AI pixel training will NOT work.
Here are the steps to activating offline conversion tracking and AI optimization.
1.Ensure you have integrated HYROS with your Facebook ads. If you have not, follow this guide and return after.
2. After integrating return to your Facebook Integrations area and then select the account you would like to send conversions too under Facebook Conversions and then flip the “Enable Facebook Conversions” toggle and select the business account you would like to send events to. You can only do this with a single business account.
You can also choose to create a new pixel or send the events to an existing pixel, and select the attribution mode to use when sending conversions:
NOTES ON SELECTING YOUR PIXEL – PLEASE READ BEFORE SELECTING AN EXISTING PIXEL:
If you choose to send the data to an existing pixel, hyros will send that data by default as a standard purchase event. You can also toggle on the option to set the product name as the conversion event name if you’d like each product to be sent as its own event.
You may find you are not able to select different pixels. Depending on the exact issue, this may be for 2 reasons:
- You don’t see your pixel in the drop-down: Ensure you have selected the correct business when setting up your conversions.
- You do see it, but you are not able to select the pixel: Deactivate conversions, then select the pixel and reactivate it again.
Next inside your Facebook account:
1.Go into Facebook and go to Events Manager and then go to DATA sources.
2. If you created a new pixel, check that the “Hyros Conversions” Pixel is showing in your data sources. Ensure you have also selected your business account and not any of your ad accounts:
3. Once the first sale comes in, enable “advanced matching” inside the pixel settings.
Once this is done you can display the conversion in your ad manager columns using the custom column set up.
If you wish to view the conversions being sent into your Facebook ads account, you can do so inside your Facebook integration settings. Just select “See Sent Conversions” as shown below:
WE SUGGEST letting the conversion generate a few days to weeks of data before using it as your conversion source if it has a very limited amount of conversions. After the conversion has built up data THEN use it for conversion optimization.
IMPORTANT: Facebook Troubleshooting
1) Set up events on your domain
If you notice a flag inside Facebook when selecting the pixel + purchase event to optimize around which mentions “this event has not been set up on any of your domains” or something similar, ensure you have completed the following steps:
1. Inside Facebook, go to Business settings ->Brand Safety -> verify domains.
2. Assign Facebook pages to your domains.
3. Then go to your pixel in Events manager -> aggregated event measure tab: set up your 8 events (up to 8 allowed per domain).
4. Wait for 2 hours. Then check the ad set conversion event has no flags. Check ad tracking settings are now green for your conversion event assigned to the domain.
2) Accepting Facebook’s Terms and Conditions (ONLY IF YOU HAVE NOT CREATED A FACEBOOK PIXEL BEFORE)
WARNING: Please ensure when following these steps that you have selected the business, and NOT the ad account at the top right inside the events manager.
In order for Facebook to receive the data, you MUST make sure that you have accepted FB’s terms and conditions. To do this you will need to follow these steps:
1. Go to your Facebook account and select “events manager”.
2. Inside your events manager, select “Connect Data sources”.
3. Select “web” and click “get started”.
4. Select “Conversions API” and click “continue”.
5. Name your pixel, for example “MyFirstPixel” and click “continue”.