Step 1 – Create the integration inside Hyros
2. Click “Create new integration”.
3. Create a name for the integration, such as “NMI” then click “save integration”.
4. Get your secret key from NMI and paste it in the field inside your integration, to do this just follow these steps:
- Log into your NMI account.
- Click “My Settings”.
- Click “Security Keys”.
- Scroll down and click “Add a New Private Security Key”.
- Name the new “Key Name”, select the user from “Username Associated with key” and check the “API” option.
- Copy the Security Key you just created and go back to your NMI integration inside Hyros, paste it under Private Security Key from your account and click Save integration.
Step 2 – Add the Webhook
1. Go to your NMI account, click “Settings”, select “Webhooks” and then click the “Create” button.
2. Go to your NMI integration inside your Hyros account, click Configure and grab the webhook:
3. Go back to your NMI account, paste the webhook you just copied earlier inside the “URL” input (step 1), select the events “transaction.sale.success” (step 2) and “transaction.refund.success” (step 3).
4. Once you’re done following the guidelines above click on the “Save changes” button. This process will complete your NMI integration.
Important! Sales may have or not have products associated with them. In the case that no product is assigned to the sale, a product will be created with the generic name “NMI Integration Generic Product” and with the price of the amount field inside Hyros.
In order to be able to generate sales with products, products must be created in advance. Please move forward to Step 3 – Product creation.
Step 3 – Product creation
- Inside your NMI account go to Product Manager, select Products, and click on the “New Item” button.
A form like the following will be displayed. As you can see, the required fields are cost (price), description (product name), and SKU. You can also fill in the tax, and discounts, which will be processed in Hyros.
Manually assign sales to a customer
1. Sales creation
- You need to go to CASH inside your NMI account and click Sale.
IMPORTANT! The only required field is the Amount. Please keep in mind that if a sale is generated without an email address, it will not be processed in Hyros, so it is required to fill in the Email as well.
The other fields are optional, but note the following:
- If you want to create a sale without associated products, it is enough to fill in the fields mentioned above. In Hyros, a product will be created with the generic name “NMI Integration Generic Product” and with the price of the amount field.
- If you want to create sales with associated Products, you must fill in a row in the Products table of the form.
- The Discount field is automatically filled in with the sum of the discounts for each Product type. If it is filled in manually, NMI does not take it into consideration and does not apply the discount.
- The Discount will be divided among all products because we cannot know to which product exactly this Discount belongs when the event arrives at Hyros.
- You could also check “Tax exempt”, in which case, no Sales Tax should be processed in Hyros.
- You could also change the Currency of the Order. Note that Hyros will not take into consideration the currency of each Product individually.
- If you want, you can fill in the Sales Tax and Shipping fields. Sales Tax and Shipping will be processed as Hard Costs in Hyros.
- Once the sale has been made, a table like the following will be displayed. Refunds can be made from here, and you can see the Transaction Id, which is needed to make a refund if desired.
2. Refund creation
To issue a refund you need to go to CASH and select Refund.
IMPORTANT! Remember that in Hyros the Refund is always for the full amount of the Sale, so the Amount field will not be taken into consideration.
NOTE: In case you do not remember the Transaction Id, you can search for it by clicking on the magnifying glass in the Transaction Id field. The following form will be displayed.
Any field can be filled in to apply a filter. Once any field is completed, and Submit is pressed, a table like the following will be displayed, the Id column is the Transaction Id we are looking for. If you click on any Transaction Id, it will show the details of the order and you will be able to perform the Refund from there.