How Call Tracking Works:
There are 3 typical call payment workflows that you may need to follow depending on how you process payments:
1) Sales Team Run the Payment Information
You need to do 2 things to make sure the sale is tracked correctly:
- Ensure the forms your sales team uses to input payment information has NO TRACKING on them. Hyros will track your phone reps and misattribute tracking.
- Your Sales team must input the SAME email that your customer booked the call with, otherwise, the sale will be attached to the new email with no tracking information attributed. HYROS needs the correct email to be entered to link the sale back to the origin email and tracked correctly.
2) Customers Complete Payment on a Checkout Page
Simply make sure the checkout page has our universal script attached to the header. HOWEVER, you must ensure that members of your team do NOT use this page to input payments.
You can copy the script here:
3) A Mix of Both of the Above
In this case, you will need 2 separate checkout pages:
- A TRACKED Checkout page for your customers ONLY, who will follow workflow #2 above.
- An UNTRACKED page for your Sales team ONLY, who will follow workflow #1 above.
Fixing Errors: Assigning Origin emails and Disconnecting Leads
There are a couple of issues that can arise from not following the correct payment workflow, here is how you can fix these errors:
Sales are coming in with no sources or click history.
This is usually caused when the email that is attached to the sale is not the same as the email the user booked a call with. Because the above workflows were not followed correctly, Hyros was not able to match the new email with the original one. A brand new lead is therefore created for the sale, without any click history.
IF this happens, you can manually connect the new email (and therefore the sale) to the origin email. Just do the following:
1. Go to reporting -> customers -> calls and copy the email the user booked a call with.
2. Go to the new lead created, and click “assign origin”.
3. Paste the booking email to connect the emails together.
Sales are being attributed to the incorrect email
If your sales team input payments on a tracked page, they will likely be tracked and linked to the user. Any actions they perform moving forward will also be linked to that user.
To correct this, you will need to disconnect the false origin email from the user. This will wipe all IP addresses and other tracking information that might be connecting the emails. To do this just follow these simple steps:
1. Go to reporting -> customers -> sales inside of your Hyros account.
2. Click on the email that you would like to disconnect.
3. Next to the origin email, click disconnect lead, then click yes.
NOTE: This will only correct the current data that has come in incorrectly, it does NOT solve the core issue. To make sure this doesn’t happen again you will need to make sure you are following the payment workflows correctly.
Ask your onboarding manager for clarification if needed.